MOBY SPL with ferry Princess Anastasia going between St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn and Stockholm and, occasionally, Riga has opened sales for 2020. First sail is scheduled on March 21, 2020, when the ferry will leave St. Petersburg for Helsinki.
MOBY SPL operates one ferry Princess Anastasia cruising around the Baltic Sea: St. Petersburg, Tallinn (Estonia), Helsinki (Finland), and Stockholm (Sweden) on a regular basis with calling to the port of Riga within special cruises.
The terminal where MOBY’s Princess Anastasia gets moored in St. Petersburg is The Morskoy Vokzal (the Sea Vokzal), NOT the Marine Facade. The Morskoy Vokzal (as the Marine Façade too) is located on the Vasilievsky island in the center of the city with a 15 minute leg by bus to the nearest subway stations Primorskaya or Vasileostrovskaya.
The Morskoy Vokzal terminal
The address of the Morskoy Vokzal terminal is 1, Ploschad Morskoy Slavy (1, The Square of Marine Glory, in Russian – Площадь Морской славы, 1).
Schedule Of MOBY SPL’s Princess Anastasia 2020
The schedule 2020 of the Princess Anastasia is the same as it was in 2018 and 2019, with a two-week-cycle and two-route format. We mean that the ferry runs along two cruise routes. Within two weeks, it makes a few trips along them.
These routes are:
• St. Petersburg – Helsinki – St. Petersburg (the short leg);
• St. Petersburg – Helsinki/Tallinn – Stockholm – St. Petersburg (the long leg).
You can board the vessel at any port for any leg.
How these two legs are put into the two-week cycle:
• The first week of the cycle starts on Monday with the long cruise, from Monday to Friday;
• Then the short «version», St. Petersburg – Helsinki – St. Petersburg, from Friday to Sunday with Saturday being for Helsinki.
• The second week really starts on Sunday with the ferry departing for its another long cruise and getting back to St. Petersburg on Thursday;
• Then again the short cruise to Helsinki Thursday – Saturday, with Friday being for Helsinki.
Then the cycle repeats.
Important: for the period April 30 – May 14, the schedule looks a bit different as the Princess Anastasia goes on special cruises to Riga and Stockholm during long May holidays in Russia.
Fares For MOBY SPL’s Princess Anastasia 2020
First of all, consider that in 2019 the company introduced three kinds of fare depending on the terms of refund.
These are as following:
• Smart: you are refunded 100 percent when cancelling your booking 42 days prior to your departure date, 50 percent if 41-14 days and zero percent if than 13 days or less. Additional services and surcharges are refunded entirely.
• Flex: you are refunded 100 percent when cancelling no later than 14 days prior to departure and zero percent if less than 14 days are left before departure. Additional services and surcharges are refunded entirely.
• Low fare: this tariff plan gives the best prices for certain day, but you are refunded zero percent when cancelling your booking. Additional services and surcharges are refunded entirely.
We looked into the booking system of MOBY and made up a list of some tariffs for four types of cabins, from the cheapest to the most expensive, (there are totally 14 types of cabins) for randomly chosen high season days in July for the both cruises.
• MOBY uses a dynamic pricing (there are no regular prices any more), so the prices below are strictly indicative, they were right on the publication date;
• the prices below are for two adults;
• all the fuel and port surcharges are included;
Prices for Helsinki – St. Petersburg – Tallinn on March 22, 2020
• B2V — from 91 euro
• A2 — from 120 euro
• CO2 (commodore) — from 249 euro
• SUI (suite) — from 592 euro
Prices for Helsinki – St. Petersburg – Helsinki on July 18, 2020
• B2V — from 149 euro
• A2 — from 210 euro
• CO2 (commodore) — from 407 euro
• SUI (suite) — from 898 euro
• B2V is an internal cabin for 1-2 passengers, bunk beds, 7 sq. m., 4-6 decks.
• A2 has a porthole (that’s the cheapest cabin with a window) for 1-2 passengers, 8.5 sq. m., 4-6 decks.
• CO2 (commodore) has a porthole, a double bed, for 1-2 passengers. Mini-bar, breakfast Deluxe in each port of call and access to a sauna in the morning hours (only one time during a trip) are included into the fare; decks 5 and 6; registration is in a separate desk.
• SUI (suite) is a two-room apartment with a seaside view for 1-3 passengers. 26.4 sq. m. Mini-bar, breakfast Deluxe in each port of call and access to a sauna in the morning hours (only one time during a trip) are included into the fare; deck 6; registration is in a VIP hall desk.
The website of the MOBY SPL ferry company in English: https://stpeterline.com/en_US
If you are not eligible for the e-visa, you need to obtain a traditional visa. For this you will need a Russian invitation letter applying to a Russian embassy or a consulate.
Cover photo credit: The company MOBY SPL LIMITED